Re: openssh

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 03:23:50PM +0930, Tom Cook wrote:
> On  0, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

> > > You meant:
> > >
> > > deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security woody/updates main contrib non-free
> > >
> > > didn't you?
> >
> > There's no difference. Take your pick. (It matters for FTP, but not for
> > HTTP.)
>
> *sigh* my knowledge of apt increases by one morsel.

Well, it's not really apt itself, just how the sites in question happen
to be laid out. :) Compare http://security.debian.org/dists/ and
http://security.debian.org/debian-security/dists/ in a browser and
you'll see what I mean.

(The /debian-security path is there for old browsers that don't support
HTTP/1.1's name-based virtual hosts. Those browsers will just connect to
the machine that hosts security.debian.org along with other things and
won't tell it that they're looking for security.debian.org, so you need
an extra way to remove the ambiguity. Fortunately not many of those
browsers are around any more.)