Re: Resizing partitions..

On 27 Jun 2002 00:01:43 -0400 Andrew Biggadike <abiggadike@triad.rr.com>
wrote:

> I have a laptop that's dual booting Windows 2000 and Debian (woody),
> and I want to resize my partitions so I can give some of the space on
> the Windows partition to Debian's /.  Does anyone have any

I have a dual boot desktop PC, running Linux and Win2k Pro, and I
already had to move/resize my partitions some 3 or 4 times. I've used
Partition Magic 6, it understands Linux ext2fs and swap partitions, as
well as Win2k partitions that aren't part of any "dynamic disk".

I had absolutely no problems on any of those runs.

> If I wanted to do it from Linux, how would I go about doing it?

There's gnu parted (google's your friend), but the docs do not inspire a
lot of confidence... seems like a still very young product.

> I guess the main thing, obviously, is that I don't want to break
> anything; I'd just like some more room to play with on this end.  I've

Whatever software you'll end up using, you *must* be prepared to
reformat and reinstall everything on your machine. Any other expectation
will very probably lead to grief.

--
Carlos Sousa
http://vbc.dyndns.org/