Resizing partitions..

I have a laptop that's dual booting Windows 2000 and Debian (woody), and
I want to resize my partitions so I can give some of the space on the
Windows partition to Debian's /.  Does anyone have any recommendations
as to the best way to go about doing this?
If I use a Windows tool, such as PartitionMagic, is it true that I won't
have to modify anything within Linux in order for it to function
properly?  If not, what would I need to do?
If I wanted to do it from Linux, how would I go about doing it?

I guess the main thing, obviously, is that I don't want to break
anything; I'd just like some more room to play with on this end.  I've
cleaned up and defragmented the Windows partition.  Links to HOWTOs and
other helpful documentation should be sufficient.  Thanks,

Andrew

Oh, and in case it matters:
hda1	FAT32			16861.83
hda2	Linux ext2	/boot	49.36