Satisfying dependencies on virtual packages

Hi,

I'm wondering how APT satisfies the dependencies a package has on a virtual
package. (Specially, the netsaint package depends on httpd).

On a box I was installing that had no package installed that provided httpd, APT
chose to install the aolserver server package, and I'm wondering why of the 9 or
so packages that provide httpd (is there an easier way of finding this out than
grepping /var/lib/dpkg/available?) aolserver was chosen? It's not the first
package in my available file to provide httpd, and it's not even the first
package alphabetically to provide it.

Andrew