Epson Stylus Color 760 not recognized

	Although the Epson SC 760 works OK with NT, my new
installation of potato fails to find it on the first parallel port.  Boot script
notes 760 recognized at 378 and at parport0, but using lptest or lpr or
cat with ascii file redirected to /dev/lp0 results in nothing--no printing, no
error message.  less /dev/lp0 shows a blank screen; same with
/dev/lp1 or /dev/lp2 returns note that these are unconfigured.

	I've also put a vanilla entry in etc/printcap for the 760 and tried to
address it as lpr -P760 testfile with no result, no error message.

	I have a zip drive on the parallel port but this is unmounted and
potato seems to have no trouble finding the 760 on probing "parport0".

	Do I have to reinstall?