Re: send and receive mail through eth1

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 01:01:47PM +0100, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> I need to setup a machine to be on an internal lan on eth0, but connect
> to another gateway on eth1 to collect mail. Both eth0 and eth1 are
> running in trusted network environments.
>
> I have looked at the exim and fetchmail man pages, but don't see any
> obvioius options for setting them to use (say) interface eth1.

Dealing with eth1 et al is the job of the kernel, for applications
like exim and fetchmail, just specify the network info they need (for
fetchmail what hosts to query, for exim what domains are local etc),
and it work automatically.

--
Note that I use Debian version 3.0
Linux emac140 2.4.17 #1 sön feb 10 20:21:22 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Hans Ekbrand