first installation,cannot find default font

Hello,

I try to install Debian on my machine. At the end I have to configure mouse,
keyboard, video,..  After that is a test witch failed with the following error:

Fatal server error:
Could not open default font 'fixed'

Does this means I have to download/install fonts separately ?  The only 'font'
thing that I remember in the questions was if I wanted 75 or 100 dpi fonts (I
selected both). Or did I do something teribely wrong ?

note that this is my first experiance with linux, so please be patience ;-)

rgds, Wilfried