hpoj package

Hello all,

I have a HP LaserJet 1220 printer for which I have installed the hpoj
package. The printer is connected to the parallel port. Everything seems to
work fine (e.g. ptal-hp mlc:par:0 device or display works perfectly), and
printing is no problem either. But when executing

    ptal-hp mlc:par:0 scan (with or without extra options),

it gives me the following error(s):

    Error 0x83 setting upload state!
    Error 0x83 setting upload state!

One important thing to add is that I recently upgraded from potato to woody.
In potato I had installed the source package and then it worked flawlessly
(no hpoj-deb package in potato). I did however properly remove the package,
before installing it from .deb in woody.

Has anyone experienced the same behaviour?

Thanks in advance,

marc