Re: [ Debian Users ] Subject Prefix ?

> I subscribe to three lists that use this protocol and I can tell you
> that "intrusive" is not nearly a strong enough word.  There is little
> enough space for the $subject without wasting it on null values.

Agreed totally.

No one mentioned the problem of handling the subject line for replies.
Is that 'Re: [ Debian user ] your subject here' or is that
'[ Debian user ] Re: your subject here', or does that become even more
perverse with 'Re: [ Debian user ] Re: [ Debian user ] your subject here'?
On lists that use those tags this gets really out of hand.

Bob