Re: Subject Prefix -> Procmail Hacks

> But supposing I like it...is there a procmail hack to prepend to the
> subject header?  I could do it in perl but if procmail can do it,
> why reinvent the wheel?  (I'd rather be sipping a pint... ;-)

You will get 10 postings of how to do this.  So perhaps I can only add
a pointer to a reference to learn how to do this and more.

  http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/proctips.html#subjid

> On a tangent: I personally don't much like the spam assassin thing
> of storing spam on my hard disk.  Is there a procmail hack to bounce
> the crud back to its rightful owners?

A spam discussion is off topic but... by the time you have received
the message and can filter it then it is too late.  Spammers won't
take the bounce and you will just be spooling it on your machine or
your companies relays until it dies of timeout.  Better to drop it
into /dev/null at that point.

> I'm willing to have a go with procmail - presently I'm using Paul
> Johnson's little filter to move my debian mail to ~/mail/debian.
> Not what I wanted but better than before!

What did you want?

Bob