xmms segfaults

hello all

Running xmms ver 1.2.7 shows error on xconsole:
Init failed //Common/rmacore.so.6.2: cannot open shared object file:No
such file or directory.
Then xmms loads but trying to play exits with segfault message.

What stumps me is that dpkg -S rmacore*, or search for content of
packages on debian site does not turn up with any results.

At moment I'm dist-upgrading and not all packages are yet upgraded
thoe all important are and there is no conflict or dependency problem
reported.

Anyone come up with same behavour and found solution? Where is rmacore.so
packaged? Didnt found any bugreport against xmms of this nature

TIA Michael