Re: How stable is dual head, twin view feature ?

> - Nvidia GF2 - couldn't get the Nvidia binary drivers even to run, let
> alone try it with Xinerama.

I got it working, it just crashes and freezes X too much that I have
to stop using it.

> - Matrox G550 - smoothest setup and nicest 2D. 3D performance somewhere
> between sucky and non-existent. Dual-head had no problems at all.

After hearing many great success with this card, I decided to get
the Matrox G400 32MB.  I probably will need later help in configuring it.

> - Radeon 7500 - good 2D, fast 3D. Dual-head took a lot of tinkering
>  with the XF86Config-4 file to get working under X4.2, but it seems
>  stable now it's set up right.
>
> If you want a copy of my XF86Config file to help you set up your
>  Radeon, mail me off list and I'd be glad to help.

I sold this card (7000 VE) to get the Matrox400 :(  Many of my friends also say
they have no success in getting this card to work.