Re: recovering hard disk partition info after boo-boo with using dd

hi ya paolo

i dont think things is as bad as it coulda been ???
( no such device as /dev/hd0
	-- which means that dd just created a copy of "someimage" as a
	file called /dev/hd0 .. or at least that's what it was supposed
	to do

	-- since there is no such device... who knows what it tries to
	do...  ( screwing up your mbr and booting???
		- or your mbr coulda been messed up before your dd copying

-- get the rescue floppy or cdrom ... boot from it...
	- run lilo  or grub to restore your mbr

	- run e2fsck or whatever fs check you need to verify the rest of
	the fs

	- than rm /dev/hd0

c ya
alvin