Re: ATI Rage 128 and XFree 4.1

On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 13:47, Carlos Sousa wrote:
> I have a similar problem with my ATI Rage 128 card, there's no way to
> make it work automatically with the r128 X driver (XFree 4.1.0).
>
> I googled the net and found a suggestion to use a ChipID line. My config
> looks like this:
>
>    Section "Device"
>        Identifier  "Rage 128"
>        Driver      "r128"
>        ChipID      0x5246
>    EndSection
>
> It now works, accelerated, but crashes with OpenGL applications. Oh,
> well...

Is this on a laptop too? In Michaels case I think it was a laptop. Mine is a
stationary and it works very well now, although in Debian (Woody) it was a
PITA to configure. RedHat 7.2 and Mandrake 8.0 & 8.1 configure it automatically
out of the box, in SuSE 8.0 it needs some minor tweaking.

Cheers,
HÖ

--
~~~~ <http://www.sacred-eagle.com/> ~~~~
~~~~~~ Gnupg signature ID 83AC4814 ~~~~~