Re: ATI Rage 128 and XFree 4.1

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 18:58, Michael Jinks wrote:
[snip]
> 	Driver		"r128"
>
> ...but that fails under Debian unless I change it to:
>
>         Driver          "vesa"

[snip]

Hi Michael!

I'm running this chip on a Gateway stationary box, it took a while to
tweak it in Woody and yes it was hard to believe that it would ever work
with the r128 driver, but in the end I copied some lines from a SuSE 8.0
file. Here's how it looks in my XF86Config-4 file:
---
Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Ati Rage 128"
	VideoRam	8192
	Driver		"r128"
	Option		"dpms"
EndSection
---
Let me know if you might need some more info.

Cheers,
Helgi Örn

--
~~~~ <http://www.sacred-eagle.com/> ~~~~
~~~~~~ Gnupg signature ID 83AC4814 ~~~~~