Re: hdd change

Sure, this would be quite easy to do.

1. Install the new HDD on a secondary IDE chain, say primary slave, hdb

2. Partition the drive the way you want

3. Mount the drive up the way it will appear for boot, on say /new

4. Run the following command:
# tar cvpf - / --exclude=new --exclude=proc | tar xvpf - --directory=/new

5. Create the proc mount point under /new:  mkdir /new/proc

That will do an excellent job of duplicating your drive.  Make sure you
do your bootloader as well, depending on what you use.  You can do other
excludes on the tar command.  Note the lack of a "/" at the beginning,
that is on purpose.

--

Arthur H. Johnson II
Senior Systems Engineer