Re: hdd change

Yes, it's possible.  I think you need to do something like this:

- Install the new hard drive.
- Boot to your old hard drive.
- Partition the new hard drive as desired, including the partitions you
need for replacing the old drive.
- Make the necessary filesystems.
- Use tar (or something else) to copy the contents of the old partitions
to the new ones.
- VERY IMPORTANT: create a boot disk.
- Power off.
- Remove the old drive and set the new one to be the master.
- Boot to the boot disk.
- Edit /etc/lilo.conf.
- Run /sbin/lilo.
- Reboot.