problem with bootdisks - not booting

I'm a first time Debian user - not even that, since I can't even install it ;) I'm using the boot disks found in http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/Debian2.2r6/main/disks-i386/2.2.26-2001-06-14/images-1.44/
/compact and /safe.
After successfully dd'ing the images to a few floppies, I tried booting first with the "rescue.bin" disk. I see all the Debian stuff come up, and I get to the "boot:" prompt. There are no parameters I'm aware of that I need to pass, so I hit enter to continue. I then get "Loading linux..." and soon after, I get "Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue." I assumed that meant I needed the root disk, but that didn't work. I've tried a dozen different floppy disks, with images from both /current and /safe, with no success.

The system I've got is an IBM Personal Computer, P133, 40 megs ram, ATI All-in-Wonder PCI vga adapter, SCSI Adaptec AHA-2940 adapter, with scsi HD, scsi cd-rom, and scsi tape drive. Unfortunatly I don't believe it's possible to boot from cd on this system. I also think it's a PCI/MCA system.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

	-- Duke.