Re: Flogging the dead horse - Missing charsets in FontSet creation

Kirk Strauser wrote:

> I'm tracking woody, with a small number of packages from
> unstable.  Whenever I run any of a number of programs, I get
> warnings such as:

>    kirk@pooh:~$ gnome-terminal

>    Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation

I had this problem with XFree 4.x having the "freetype" module
in XFree86Config-4, while defoma thought that the "font rendering
backend" was not freetype but xtt. The problem went away by means
of dpkg-reconfigure x-ttcidfonts-conf. If you have defoma it may
be something similar in your case..

regards, Jan