Re: digital camera recommendation?

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 11:10:49PM -0700, Craig Dickson wrote:
> Henry House wrote:
>
> > Can anyone recommend a digital camera for use with Linux? My goals (in no
> > particular order):
> >
> > * Good image quality
> > * Uses compact flash (the little wafers, each as large as an air-mail stamp)
> > * Complete Linux compatibility with OSS drivers
> > * Linux-friendly manufacturer
> >
> > Any experiences that you can share would be helpful to me.
>
> Considering that digital cameras can cost as little as a hundred bucks
> or so or as much as $5000, you might want to specify the price range
> you're interested in. Maybe also some technical details like pixel
> count, whether you want to use external lenses or flash units, and so
> on.

Fair enough. I want to spend at most $US 500. I can get the list pf supported
cameras from the GPhoto website; I suppose what I want to know the most is,
which companies are Linux-friendly? I want to buy from a company that has
been forthcoming with specs, has not tried to sue developers, etc.

--
Henry House