Re: Debian: abandon ship?

In muc.lists.debian.user, you wrote:

> I want you see tell a CEO of a company:
> Well Sir we have a little IT problem.
> There are 3000 people sitting in front of a black screen and our
> customers can't reach us.
> Oh, and by the way 50 of our planes are going to crash in about 1 hour.
> But don't worry - I did send a question about it to the mailinglist.

If your CEO insists on spending money on a service contract,
then go ahead and get a service contract.  If you're running a
server than has to have five nines up-time, then you'd better
pay to have somebody guaranteed on-site in 60 minutes from when
the phone rings.

For what I do (SW development) I invariably get better/quicker
results from mailing lists and Usenet than I ever did from
commercial support.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Where do your SOCKS
                                  at               go when you lose them in