Re: what if I have a 2nd cdrom drive?

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 01:07:11PM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> Also what is the importance of noauto in fstab?  Doesn't that just
> cause the user to have to issue a mount command if he hasn't since
> last reboot, and ha wants to use the cdrom?

Not exactly.  It prevents the system from attempting to automatically
mount the device when it boots.  Largely the same effect in your case,
but completely different intent.  noauto is there to prevent errors
in the boot sequence because most people don't have a data CD in the
drive 100% of the time.  Feel free to remove it from your fstab if you
know that you will never, ever boot your system without a CD loaded,
but noauto is a good default for most of the world.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss