Problem with installing on i386

I've got the problem figured out, but I don;t know how to solve it.
I'm installing the current Debian (2.2r6) off of the hard drive (I'm booting from the floppies, if that matters) and the drivers.tgz I downloaded puts the modules in /lib/modules/2.2.20/ and dbootstrap looks for them in /lib/modules/2.2.19/. This, obviously, makes it impossible for dbootstrap to configure the modules and create me a configuration file, so my install won't boot. If I could just boot the system, I might be able to compile a new kernel and install new modules. I'd much rather get the base modules working so I can do things the stable way, but I'll take what I can get. Thanks for anything.
-elh