Re: LTSP packages

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 02:04:28PM +0200, Hans Ekbrand wrote:
> (It's my understanding that LTSP is made by binaries picked from
> various distros, and some things are compiled from source, e.g. the X
> packages). AFAIK the LTSP packages does not meet the demands of GPL
> and is thus non-free.

Ah. That would mean completely non-redistributable, not just non-free
(non-free package must still comply with their licence, it's just that
the licences there don't meet the DFSG).

I think the simplest way to have that in Debian is to construct a
package that, when installed, automatically downloads the binaries off
the net and puts them in the right place; if such a package can be
produced, it could go in contrib.