Re: Nautilus lost all my icon captions

On Sat, 2002-06-15 at 11:39, Dave Carrigan wrote:
> After doing an upgrade from sid yesterday, Nautils no longer shows my
> icon captions. It shows the icons, but the caption below is blank. You
> can see the problem at
>
>   http://www.rudedog.org/nautilus-bogosity/
>
> Thinking it was a nautilus bug, I tried filing a bug (#150084) and got
> the terse and useless response: "It is your font setting problem. not a
> bug. closing."
>
> That's all well and good, but something was upgraded in debian that
> broke Nautilus, since it was working just fine a couple of days ago.
> Does anybody know what happened?

I encountered this problem as well.  I installed gconf-editor and change
the font used for "smooth" graphics to be a TrueType font.  Restarting
nautilus, I now captions under my icons in the "smoother but slower"
graphics mode.  If this works for you as well, I think it seems to be
a bug somewhere that's preventing PostScript Type1 fonts from being
rendered. Maybe not in nautilus itself, but some library it depends on.

Hope this helps.

Steven