Re: Debian: abandon ship?

On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 02:22, Jeronimo Pellegrini wrote:
> I think there's also some psychological thing that goes on here. People
> think that with the help desk, they'll get an answer within a certain
> time, while nobody guatrantees that they'll get an answer on a mailing
> list.

IMO there's more to it that just psychology.  There used to be (still is
??) a saying that you wouldn't get fired for buying MS.  Redhat are
doing a good job of taking up that position in the Linux world where a
support contract acts like a 'get-out-of-jail-free' card since it allows
you to pass the buck onto RH if/when things do go wrong.  Mailing lists
cannot compete with that.

Andz