Re: realplayer window immediately locks up on launching

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 12:54:04PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
| on Fri, Jun 14, 2002, Matthew Yee-King (yeeking@no-future.com) wrote:

| > I am trying to get realplayer working. I downloaded the installer from
| > realnetworks and installed it. when i run it, it opens a window, maybe
| > displays a couple of widgets, then locks up.

| > how can i fix it?
|
|     1.  $ apt-get install xmms
|     2.  Read http://www.xmms.org/comments.html?show=P138
|     3.  Download ftp://ftp.xmms.org/xmms/plugins/rmxmms/libreal.so
|
| Drop the plugin in /usr/lib/xmms/General
|
| You'll still need RealPlayer installed to make this work, but you don't
| actually need to _run_ the piece of crap.

Minor correction -- you need to run it once so you can tell it the
correct audio output driver to use.  (hence my problems back when I
tried to install it)  After that you're golden.  (until the streaming
server shuts down, but there's nothing debian can do about that :-()

-D

not sure about the former.
        Albert Einstein

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/