Re: realplayer window immediately locks up on launching

on Fri, Jun 14, 2002, Matthew Yee-King (yeeking@no-future.com) wrote:
> Hello
>
> (woody, 2.4.18bf2.4
>
> I am trying to get realplayer working. I downloaded the installer from
> realnetworks and installed it. when i run it, it opens a window, maybe
> displays a couple of widgets, then locks up.

Please set your mailer/editor linewrap to 68-75 characters.  I strongly
recommend 72 as a good default.

Thank you.

> anyone else had this problem?
>
> how can i fix it?

    1.  $ apt-get install xmms
    2.  Read http://www.xmms.org/comments.html?show=P138
    3.  Download ftp://ftp.xmms.org/xmms/plugins/rmxmms/libreal.so

Drop the plugin in /usr/lib/xmms/General

You'll still need RealPlayer installed to make this work, but you don't
actually need to _run_ the piece of crap.

Peace.

   If spam is the question, Spamassassin is the answer.
     http://spamassassin.taint.org/