Re: realplayer window immediately locks up on launching

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:32:49PM +0100, Matthew Yee-King wrote:

| I am trying to get realplayer working. I downloaded the installer
| from realnetworks and installed it. when i run it, it opens a
| window, maybe displays a couple of widgets, then locks up.
|
| anyone else had this problem?

Yeah, rp does that if it can't grab /dev/dsp (real robust code, is it
not?).  Kill whatever is hogging /dev/dsp (in my case it was esd),
then tell rp not to hog it itself, and then restore the rest of your
sound.

-D

(for the archives, I see you already solved this on your system)

--

He who walks with the wise grows wise,
but a companion of fools suffers harm.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/