Re: libfreetype6 or pango broken

Hello all,

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 02:48:02AM +0900, Akira TAGOH wrote:

> DO>    I can confirm: I've just  rebuild pango from source, and the problem
> DO> disappear. So rebuilding the pango package with the new  libfreetype6
> DO> should fix  the whole  thing.
>
> Sure. I'll rebuild against new libfreetype6 and upload it
> ASAP.
>
> I'm wondering why the upstream doesn't change the soname.

I wonder if the error is related to the following note in the
FreeType 2.1.1: CHANGES file

    - The cache sub-system has been optimized in important ways.  Cache hits
      are now significantly faster.  For example, using the CMap cache is
      about twice faster than calling FT_Get_Char_Index on most platforms.
      Similarly, using an SBit cache is about five times faster than loading
      the bitmaps from a bitmap file, and 300 to 500 times faster than
      generating them from a scalable format.

      Note that you should recompile your sources if you designed a custom
      cache class for the FT2 Cache subsystem, since the changes performed
      are source, but not binary, compatible.

Anyhow, should I change the version dependency from "libfreetype6 (>=
2.0.9)" to "libfreetype6 (>= 2.1.1) and rebuild libfreetype6 before you
rebuild Pango?  (I think I had better go upload libfreetype6_2.1.1-2
right away.)

Cheers,

Anthony

--