Strange boot up problem.

I have a SuperMicro P6DBU motherboard with built in SCSI.  All
the drives are SCSI on the system.  I just recently bought a 80G
IDE drive to use for storage.

The problem is that after I installed the drive the system booted
up fine.  I have the bootup in the bios to start with Floppy
then SCSI drives.  It worked fine.

I was adding an append for the /dev/hda in lilo and ran lilo.
When I did it gave me an warning that the drive /dev/sda was
not the first drive in the system.  After rebooting the bios
said it was booting from SCSI as normal but I got the constant
01 01 01 01 thing.

I've tried various things like returning lilo to it's original
configuration and the bios was not modified from when It used
to boot fine.  I'm thinking it's a lilo confusion problem.

The way I got around this was to install lilo on /dev/hda with
"other=/dev/sda" in it (the only thing in lilo.conf.hda).  And
keeping lilo on /dev/sda to boot the system.  It works fine
like that.  As long as I set the bios to boot from IDE primary master
instead of from SCSI.  The problem with that setup is I can't
boot from CDrom unless I change the bios back to booting from SCSI.

I'm just wanting to know if there are any lilo tricks to get it to
see /dev/sda as the first drive.  Or if anyone has experience with
the SuperMicro P6DBU Board that knows of this problem.

Thanks

--
B. L. Jilek <bljilek@yahoo.com>
PGP keys on my website --> http://crowbyte.dnsalias.com/~tcrow