Re: clearly asked to delete something dear

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 01:38:59PM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> I wish you experts would take a look at this from the point of us new
> users.  A new user is faced with capital letters from the system
> saying something dear to him will be removed.
>
> On the other hand we have lower case letters from a person in the
> newsgroup saying it is not what it seems, as there is some
> "metapackage" of the same name, don't worry.

Talk to the Debian KDE people about this.

> Note I don't use KDE or RPM etc., and yes I'm sure you're correct in
> your explanation of what is going on here.  My point is: can you
> really blame us lesser experienced users for being anxious here?

No, but I try to explain as best I can. The names of the metapackages
are entirely up to the KDE folks.

In fact, using metapackages at all is entirely up to the KDE folks. Most
of the rest of Debian's task system has moved away from this kind of
thing.

> Would the same be tolerable with traffic signs and air traffic control
> in the real world?

That's a ridiculous analogy.