Re: RAM upgrade == Kernel Panic

Jamin W. Collins wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:51:06 -0400
"Tom Allison" <tallison@tacocat.net> wrote:

I got a really interesting one.

I am running a stock K7 kernel from woody.
I recall seeing such things as cramfs, VFS, and initrd during the boot sequence.

I upgraded my RAM to replace the current 128M to 768M

Now, when I boot it panics with a message that VFS can't mount the root device at 03:02.

If I return to the original RAM, it's fine.

Have you tested the new memory?  Memtest86 is a great tool for doing just
this.

I tried loading this in lilo and I got a fatal error that the kernel doesn't support ram disks....

I suppose I could load this on a floppy eh?
what's that command:  'dd something'...