Re: Changing the Severity of a Bug

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:37:23 +0100
"Colin Watson" <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

> Submitting bugs with a specific severity is normal practice. I
> understood we were talking about altering the severity after it was
> submitted.

Correct.  I found what I believed to be a bug with a package's
configuration.  So, I did a little checking before filing a bug report and
found that one had already been filed for the problem.  However, it had
been filed as a "wishlist" severity.  I felt that the severity should be
higher and didn't see a means of indicating that to the maintainer via the
bug tracking system (had overlooked that the bug # was actually a mailto
link).  Thank you for your response.

--
Jamin W. Collins