Re: Time(zone) problems

"Mike Mimic" <ppagee@yahoo.com> writes:
> > Do you have any environment variables set that
> > relate to the timezone?
>
> No. I haven't any.
>
> > Also, make sure the file /etc/timezone contains the
> > correct setting for your system
>
> Yes, it have. And I have tryed some different cities
> (in the same timzone) and it's the same.
>
> > and make sure you have the proper setting for UTC in
> > /etc/default/rcS so that it matches what your BIOS
> > clock is set to
>
> I have looked it and it's correct.
>
> Is there anything else what should I check? I really
> don't know what's wrong. Is it possible that some
> permissions on files (devices) aren't good and so
> there is a problem (I have checked /etc/timezone)?

Hmm. The only other thing I can think of is the setting in
/etc/login.defs. ENV_TZ is typically commented out though. If it's not
you might try commenting it out, although I would think root would be
affected if that variable were set. The root account doesn't have any
TZ environment variables set, right?

The other thing to try is to create a new user account, using
"adduser", and see if that account has the same problem. That might
narrow the possibilities somewhat.

Gary