Re: Time(zone) problems

Hi!

> Hmm. The only other thing I can think of is the
> setting in /etc/login.defs. ENV_TZ is typically
> commented out though. If it's not you might try
> commenting it out, although I would think root
> would be affected if that variable were set. The
> root account doesn't have any TZ environment
> variables set, right?

No, there isn't set any variable.

And I have set the ENV_TZ but it doesn't work
(should I restart anything after changing
login.defs?).

But if I set TZ variable manualy date reports correct
time.

> The other thing to try is to create a new user
> account, using "adduser", and see if that account
> has the same problem. That might narrow the
> possibilities somewhat.
I have asked other users and they have same problem.

Hm, so I still don't know what's wrong but TZ varible
solves the problem. But is there anything else to try
because I would like to find out what is wrong.

Mike