From: Jonathan Matthews [mailto:jaycee@jaycee.uklinux.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 3:17 PM
To: justin@engine8.com
Subject: Re: howto kill old screen sessions?

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 02:04:07PM -0700, justin cunningham wrote:
> Hello, who shows some old screen sessions but ps aux doesn't show the
> associated pts/x so I can't simply kill them.  Screendump will show
the
> output but depends on the session name for further use.  I know I can
> reboot but there must be a better way.  Please reply to the email
> address since I'm not currently on the list.  thank you, Justin

I replied on list, so look at the archives for that.
Put simply, you're looking for:

screen -list ( list all screens )
screen -r <screen id> ( attach to detatched screen <screen id> )
screen -dr <screen id> ( attach to attatched screen <screen id> )

HTH,
jc

--
It may stop, it may not.  And stop calling me "dj".