Re: howto kill old screen sessions?

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 02:04:07PM -0700, justin cunningham wrote:
> Hello, who shows some old screen sessions but ps aux doesn't show the
> associated pts/x so I can't simply kill them.  Screendump will show the
> output but depends on the session name for further use.  I know I can
> reboot but there must be a better way.  Please reply to the email
> address since I'm not currently on the list.  thank you, Justin

Justin -

Try screen -list to show you all the screens that are on the system.
Ones that say "Detatched" need you to do "screen -r <screen id>", but
ones that are still "Attached" need a "screen -rd <screen id>", where
<screen id> is related to the information you find on each line (Can't
remember it offhand).

HTH,
jc

--
It may stop, it may not.  And stop calling me "dj".