Re: Woody NVIDIA X Setup

Am Dienstag, 11. Juni 2002 08:08 schrieb B. L. Jilek:

> There are only four things you have to do.  Download the two tar files
> from nvidia's site.  make install both of them.  Edit the XF86Config-4
> file and restart X.

You should better use

apt-get install nvidia-kernel-src nvidia-glx-src

instead (may be with -b option) since these packages are automagically
updated with the latest files from nvidia.com. And if you've build your own
kernel it's nice to use

make-kpkg kernel_image modules_image

and

dpkg -i kernel-image-<version>.deb

and all the other build module-debs (like lirc, lm-sensors, nvidia-glx and
nvidia-kernel just for me). With these .debs dpkg can keep track of them, so
it makes an upgrade much more comfortible. You can also burn them on a CDR in
an debian-mirror style (with apt-move for example). So if you ever have to
reinstall them you simply enter there path into /etc/apt/sources.list.

It's just your choice...

--

Debian rules...