Re: debian/freebsd

Hi!

On 11 Jun 2002 00:22:13 +0900
marshal@h9.dion.ne.jp wrote:

>     Henning> Hello- I have one hard drive that I want to have freeBSD
>     Henning> and debian Linux exist on.  I want freebsd in a primary
>     Henning> partition and I want linux and linux swap in the logical
>     Henning> partitions in the extended partition. Every time I try to
>     Henning> install debian, it corrupts my freebsd partition. After
>     Henning> that is corrupt I reinstall freebsd and I it corrupts my
>     Henning> debian partition. Does anyone have a duel boot system
>     Henning> with these two operating systems on the same disk? is it
>     Henning> not possible to have debian and freebsd on the same disk?
>     Henning> thanks- brian

	I haven't had any of these problems, either with FreeBSD, OpenBSD or even
NetBSD. I've always allocated a primary partition (the only way AFAIK...)
for *BSD (via "fdisk" or Partition Magic)and then used the slice editor in
the installation to divide up the slice.
	Booting with Lilo, GRUB or the *BSD Boot Manager hasn't been a problem,
either.

What sort of corruption are you seeing?

Cheers

Eamon Roque.