Re: debian/freebsd

> I want freebsd in a primary partition and I want linux and linux
> swap in the logical partitions in the extended partition. Every time
> I try to install debian, it corrupts my freebsd partition. After that
> is corrupt I reinstall

This is explained in a linux+freebsd howto (sorry don't have a url to
hand).  The solution is to install Debian before freebsd.

My system had slice/partitions 1 & 3 assigned to freebsd.  I found that
installing Debian in ext partitions corrupted the first partition, but
left the third partition untouched.  Oddly though, a copy of Libranet
(based on Debian) did not cause the same problems.

good luck
Jeff