Re: your mail

On  0,  wrote:
>         (SquirrelMail authenticated user lance)
>
>         by vishnu.hofflund.net with HTTP;
>
>         Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:11:58 -0500 (CDT)

> Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:11:58 -0500 (CDT)
>
> Subject: mailto attachment name ?
>
> From: "Lance Hoffmeyer" <lance@augustmail.com>
>
> To: "Debian Listserv" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

> I have recently started playing around with the program mailto.
>
> One problem I am having is that when I send an attachment with
>
> "~*" and a person receives the email they cannot see the original
>
> filename.  What they see is "Application/x-zip" or something.
>
> They do not see "myfile.zip".  What do I need to do in mailto
>
> so that the recipients see the name of the attached file I
>
> am sending?

application/x-zip is the mime type of the file.  I can't help but
think that this is not the first problem you have to sort out.  Your
headers are all spaced out (see how I've quoted them in this message)
and that is killing all the MUAs that receive the message - it is not
easy to reply to you.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"Beware of computer programmers that carry screwdrivers."
	- Leonard Brandwein

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au