Re: Problem: wall-clock jumping like Mexican bean

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 03:46:45PM -0500, Rich Puhek wrote:

> Jonathan Matthews wrote:
> >
> > I think it's possibly a dodgy RTC on the motherboard.  I saw
> > this exact complaint come up on linux-kernel a while ago, and
> > someone mentioned that it was specific to a certain brand
> > of mobo.
> >
> > No URLs for you, I'm afraid, but if you google a bit, I'm sure
> > it'll appear.
> >

> But I thought that the RTC was ignored after boot? If so, a bad RTC
> would explain a clock that comes up bad on boot every now and then, but
> not why a running system would suddenly shift time.

I might be using the wrong terminology - I'm just remembering
the symptoms from the l-k thread.

Here's what I found from l-k.  Not the thread I was
originally thinking of, but might fit as well.

jc

--
It may stop, it may not.  And stop calling me "dj".