Re: Thanks and > questions Was: Upgrade to Woody

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 01:58:26PM +0100, Paladin wrote:
> "dh_installchangelogs: Cannot specify an upstream changelog for a
> native debian package."

If you didn't intend the package to be native, ensure that you have the
upstream source tarball as foo_1.0.orig.tar.gz in the parent directory,
where foo is the package name and 1.0 is the upstream component of the
version number. Make sure the filename is in that exact format.

> >  dpkg-buildpackage has always run clean first. If you don't want
> >  that, use -nc.
>
> The thing is: I want to compile before using "dh_make -nc"!

dpkg-buildpackage -nc, not dh_make -nc. That's only for quick testing
though. Are you sure you don't want to compile in the build rule, as
normal?

> P.S. - Sorry if I appeared rude in the last mail, it wasn't the
> objective... but you seemed to take it that way... :(

Not at all, I just like problem reports to have some details in them. :)