developer's .configure

Is there a way to figure out what options a debian developer used to compile the source of a package. In particular, I'd like to know what options were used for the most recent mozilla in unstable. I've been trying to compile from source so I could include the spell-checker. It compiles okay, but the fonts are horrible. I figured I need "--enable-xft", but it doesn't compile if I do that. Now I'm figuring maybe I need to "--enable" or "--disable" something else. Since the fonts look great when I use the debian package, I wanted to find out what options he enabled.

Thanks.
--
Brian J. Stults
Department of Sociology