RE: Php3 Problems

Nik,

> > AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .php4
> > AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

You have just these two lines in you Apache config for PHP?  In your first post, you show conflicting entries.  There should only be one "AddType application/x-httpd-php" line, and one "AddType application/x-httpd-php-source" line.

After you edit your config file, you are stopping and starting Apache?  (or do a restart...)

What happens when you create a simple test file and name it test.php (or anything .php)?  Does your web server process it correctly?  If so, rename that file to test.php3 and try again.  It shold work the same for all of the extensions that are included in the PHP line of the config file.  (In my case .php .php3 .php4)

> What i want ot do, is to run horde on my php4 server. But all of horde
> (on the debian package ) is php3

I'm not familiar with Horde, but it shouldn't be a problem.

> Can i check any other settings ?

The only other thing I can think to check is what do you have for the DirectoryIndex in Apache?  Mine has "DirectoryIndex index.html index.php3 index.php index.php4".  This would only make a difference if the file you are trying to access is the index page.

Are you sure that PHP is installed and working?  I'd try the simple test that I describe above and verify that PHP is working.

Steve