Re: fast way to make bootable cd ?

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 02:53:13AM -0700, nate wrote:
> hi
>
> i don't know why but my laptop just puked hard when i tried to
> shut it down. it won't boot up anymore, so i was wondering if
> anyone had a suggestion on how to best create a bootable rescue
> CD.
>
> what i need on the cd:
>
> my custom kernel (With reiserfs support builtin)  this is a 2.2.19 kernel
> reiserfs tools

Sounds like a job for bootcdwrite.  With bootcdwrite you create a chroot
directory (or partition) with everything you want on the cd, and it does
the rest.  If your normal system is small enough (telling bootcdwrite which
parts to skip), you could use it instead.

On the other hand, an easier method (if you only need reiserfs support), it
probably would be even easier to download an install CD from some
distribution (I don't know if debian has one supporting reiserfs) and boot
from that.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/