relocation errors after upgrade

Hello debian users,

since two or three days several applications do not run anymore, after a major
upgrade. Three examples:

fwbuilder: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgtkmm-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol: __tiQ24SigC6Object
guikachu: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgnomemm-1.2.so.9: undefined symbol: __vt_Q24SigC5Scope
aptitude: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libsigc-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: __gxx_personality_v0

As I did not know where to start searching for the cause, I looked what these
three libraries have in common, but that was not much :-(

My questions are:
- How can I track down the cause of these problems?
- Am I the only one having these problems (during the last weeks)?

--
Greetings,
Tobias

PGP/GnuPG Key ID 0xAE034AAD (preferred)