Re: mount of /boot partition not in /etc/fstab

* Thomas Kral (thomas.kral@centrum.cz) [020608 00:53]:
> hello there,
>
> i use potato as a production system on my box, and i have just
> installed woody 3.0p8 unofficial in a seperate partition for testing.
>
> i switch between these two using lilo, they both have boot images in
> the common /boot partition.
>
> thing is woody has mount /boot entry in fstab, but potato does not,
> yet both systems boot successfully.
>
> is this all right?

Yep. You'll just need to make sure /boot is mounted when you run lilo.
So remember to mount it before you try to install a newly-built or
-downloaded kernel!

good times,
Vineet
--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume.shtml