RE: Debian on Dell PowerEdge 2500

I'm running potato on three of em.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul M Sargent [mailto:pauls@3dlabs.com] On Behalf Of Paul Sargent
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 10:44 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Debian on Dell PowerEdge 2500

Hi People,

Has anybody had any experiance running Debian on a Dell PowerEdge 2500.
We've just bought one that has RedHat preinstalled on it, but I'm lothed
administer RedHat (for one thing it installs so much cr*p that I really
do
not want on a server), and so want to change it for Debian, just like
the
rest of our boxes.

I'm a little concerned though that Dell seem to supply their own
specially
tweaked version of RedHat, and I'm wondering if that's to support things
like the RAID controller (currently set-up as a RAID-5 four disk array),
or
other bits of funny hardware that might be in there.

So...Does anybody have any experience with these boxes?

Thanks

Paul
--
Paul Sargent